Friday 24 September 2010

Scoop Taylor Archive Book, Volume 1.

Finally getting my teeth into this book after a difficult but very productive summer. I had hoped to get the book out by christmas but being distracted by my own photographic works and being troubled with my health ( I've had M.E. over 20 years ) it might not happen this year. There are so many pictures and bits of text to pull together its proving harder than I thought. However its coming together now and I think it will be a good book.
I have started my own publishing company called 'Jumbo Editions'...yes very inspirational name ha ha!! This is something I've wanted to do for many years and its quite a complicated game but I'm determined to make it happen so happen it will!.
Below is my chosen 'Jumbo Editions' logo appropriately a photo taken by dad in 1973 at the summit of 
Cairngorm.

 

2 comments:

  1. i have been quiet of late, and was aware that I hadn't posted anything for ages, then I was deep in thought ,thinking what will I post next, as I seem to have that many stories about Dad, all going round in my head.Albiet most of my memories of dad are in Buckie, I lived with the family for about 12 months in Kingussie before I fled to the bright lights of Birmingham.
    This snowy weather takes me back to the late 50's , we had a coal fire in the living room and that was all we had to heat a large 3 double bedroom house.One winter mumps went through our house like a dose of salts,it was my turn to be ill,dad came home from work stroked my forehead and then washed me and put me to bed, but it wasnt my bed ,he allowed me to cuddle into him in his bed, as the bedroom was frozen and the curtains were stuck to the ice just to remind you how cold it was, he went downstairs took the shovel and shovelled some of the fire which was alight !! took it upstairs and put it in the fireplace in the bedroom, and then went and got some wood or coal to back it up ,so that at least the bedroom was warm.dad used to love taking the papers to bed when he got home from work, so the last thing i heard that night was the rustle of the papers as I dozed off.dad was a fantastic nurse, to us all

    ReplyDelete